The use of pet treats as part of dog training is not a new concept. Treats are given to your pets as a form of reward for their good behavior or for obeying orders. When you give them treats, you motivate them to perform the way you want them to. However, working with treats as part of training a dog can be tricky. It is therefore important to know how to properly use them to manipulate your dog’s behavior during training.
You should therefore adopt these tips from dog training experts on how to effectively use pet treats during training:
• Identify your pet’s “high value” treat. Each dog is unique. Some dogs will take any treat that you offer while others will be more picky with your treat offerings. At the start of your training, it is therefore a good idea to test out which treats your dog will respond to. The dog training experts refer to them as “high value” treats because they are highly coveted your pet and will give them increased motivation to perform certain commands. You can therefore use that “high value” treat as an incentive to perform better during training.
• Do not be too generous with the treat. Generosity in terms of giving away treats refer to the size of each portion and the frequency with which you give them the treats. It is important that you do not give them treats too often. If you do so, the treat will lose its impact and it will no longer hold the power it has over the dog’s behavior. Instead, only give them a treat when they perform or behave the way you would want them to.
• Give them praise too. Show your appreciation to your pet whenever they perform actions or behave in a desirable way. For example, pat them on the head whenever they obey your command. This, together with the treats, will give them the positive reinforcement that they desire. Visit their website at Loyalty Pet Treats
• Avoid following a pattern when giving treats. Even the best pet treats cannot outsmart dogs. Whether you believe it or not, they are actually smart creatures. They can detect patterns in how you give them their treats. Therefore, do away with patterns and give the treats at random or based on certain actions. This will prevent them from detecting a pattern and acting based off that.
• Vary it up! Your dogs might have their favorite treats but it is also a good thing to change it up. You can try different kinds of treats to give your dog so they can have a balanced diet as well. Just like humans, your pet dogs can also lose interest on a certain treat when it is given to them repeatedly. You can therefore try something different each time so they won’t get bored with having the same treat all the time.
Are you looking for pet treats Australia shops sell? There is only one source for Australian pet treats with Loyalty Pet Treats. To find out more about what treats are available, you can visit them online at https://loyaltypettreats.com.au/.